Blow Me a Kiss!
OMG! Let me just blow you a kiss (from 6 feet away or more)! We are all going through this together, but we can sometimes feel so apart. Not being able to kiss and hug your friends and family is really hard. I can't lie, I've had moments filled with tears and overwhelming feelings of worry. But those moments pass when I count my blessings. I count my blessings throughout the day in order to cope. I play with my dogs and try to stay active (mentally and physically) as the days go by. We will get through this!! But for now... I'm going to craft my little heart away and share some craftiness with you.
Check out this awesome new stamp "OMG" by the NEW stamp company Sassy & Crafty. I loved the idea of a comic book color scheme for this card and I swear I used almost all my stencils. Here's a list of supplies:
- Stamp: OMG - Sassy & Crafty Stamp Company
- Stencils: MFT - Ray of Light stencil, MFT - Mini Staggered Circles stencil, MFT - Star Celebration & Altenew - City Scene Stencil
- Inks: Distress Inks & Copics
- Embellishments: Decofoil Transfer Gel, Decofoil Foil Sheets in Deep Blue & Nuvo Crystal Drops - Dries Clear
- Die: Gina Marie Designs - Geometric Double Frame Die
Now, for the fun part...
1. Stamp the OMG stamp image on an alcohol marker friendly paper and color her in. I used primary colors to keep with the theme of red, blue, yellow and black.
2. Next, I stamped the OMG in red and cut it out. After cutting it out, I used the Nuvo Crystal Drops over the letters to give it dimension. While I have the Crystal Drops out... let's add some to her lips, nails, lipstick and glasses and set those both aside to dry.
3. Now for the background! First, I started with the Ray of Light stencil and some yellow ink. Next, I used the Mini Staggered Circles stencil with some red ink on each corner. After that, I used the City Scene on the bottom using black ink. Last, I used Decofoil Transfer Gel and the Star Celebration stencil and only added the stars on the opposite corners of the red dots and set that card base aside to dry.
4. I die cut the Geometric Double Frame 4 times using black card stock and glued them together to add dimension. I also die cut one layer in velum... but I'm only using the middle piece.
5. Now, I left everything to dry overnight before doing anything else. But the first thing I did is run the stenciled background through my laminator using the deep blue foil. Once that's done, I backed that background on black card stock and adhered it to a red card base. Next, I added the geometric frame to the background and then added the velum in the middle to subdue the background where the girl would be added.. Because of the added dimension of the die, I added some foam tape behind the girl and added her and the OMG with foam tape.
How fun is this background with this cool stamp?! I just love this primary color look and can't wait to try it with some other stamps. I hope you found some fun ideas and inspiration in this post and can't wait to see what you make.
Thank you so much for stopping by and I truly hope that you are all making the best of this time. Please know you're not alone. We are in this together. If there is a moment, you feel lonely or just overwhelmed, don't hesitate to reach out to friends, family... and don't forget about your crafting family!
Sending lots of love to you all. Stay home. Stay safe and craft away!