This first week at home was rough. We are still able to go to grocery stores, pharmacies and such, but it seems that soon will end too. My boys are all active so this is torture. We want to go biking, but our little one has school. That's a whole other stress right now. So, when I'm done doing chores and walking the dogs... I craft. I've created cards, but I needed to switch gears. So I made this tag.
I wanted to be this girl ready to to start an adventure in the open air! I wanted to pack my bags and get away from all this crazy talk. A girl can dream.
Here's how this came to be...
1. Stamped the girl and made a mask to protect her.
2. Stamped the trees in three different shades of green.
3. Blended green on the bottom of the trees to soften the edge.
4. Blended in colors into the sky area.
5. Used water and glitter ink to splash and distress the sky.
6. Blended in brown on the bottom of the tag.
7. Using Versamark, I stamped the compass and used Perfect Pearls powder on it.
8. Needed to cover a mistake dead in the middle, so I stamped the "Vintage Passport" stamp in a light color on the sky area and in a dark brown on the ground area.
9. Colored in the girl.
10: Stamped the sentiment in blue Versafine and embossed with navy embossing powder.
Lots of details, but not all that hard. Here's a list of supplies used:
- Unity Stamp Company - November 2019 Kit of the Month "Wonder"
- Unity Stamp Company - "Vintage Passport"
- Copics - Hair: E59, E57, Y28 / Sweater: V17, V15, V12 / Jeans: B99, B97, B95 / Boots: E37, E99
- White gel pen for sweater
- Trees: Gina K. Designs Premium Dye Inks: Dark Sage, Fresh Asparagus & Green Grass
- Sky: Tim Holtz Distress Inks: Chipped Sapphire, Seedless Preserves, Shaded Lilac & Fossilized Amber with a splash of Spectrum Noir Sparkle Glitter Ink
- Compass: Versamark Ink & Gold Perfect Pearls
- Ground: Tim Holtz Distress Ink: Ground Espresso
- Sentiment: VersaFine in Majestic Blue and Ranger Navy Embossing Powder
I hope this brings you a little entertainment while we wait for pilot to let us know we can once again roam around the cabin!
In the mean time... happy crafting!