The second I saw this Unity Stamp Co. "Forest Butterfly" designed by Graciellie Design, I imagined this card. This butterfly was so beautiful and full of detail that it needed to look real, but how do you add such dimension to a card and still be able to mail it. Easy!
Here are the supplies I used:
- Paper: Alcohol Marker Friendly Paper in White cut to 3.75" x 5", Stampin' Up Sycamore Street Designer Paper (retired) and Stampin' Up Pool Party Paper cut to an A2 Card.
- Adhesive: Tombo Permanent Adhesive tape runner & Scrapbook Adhesives Adhesive Lines
- Embellishments: Spectrum Noir Crystal Clear Sparkle Pen
1. First, I stamped the sentiment in the center of the lower part on the white card stock. Then, I stamped the butterfly partially off the paper. I also stamped the butterfly on another piece of white alcohol friendly card stock and fussy cut it out.
2. Next, I colored both butterflies using the Stampin' Up Blends exactly the same. I also added the Spectrum Noir Sparkle over the cut out butterfly.
3. To add a little something onto the stark white paper, I used the Stampin' Up inks to splatter some ink on it.
4. Now, let's put all the base layers together. Add the Designer Paper (cut to 4" x 5.25") to the card base. Then add the stamped white card stock on top.
5. Before adhering the butterfly to the card, I used my Score Buddy and scored the butterfly in the middle in order to fold it a little and add dimension. I used the Scrapbook Adhesives adhesive line on the fold of the butterfly and lined i up to the butterfly on the card so that it's perfectly centered and lined up.
Pretty easy, right? Now, how do you mail it when the wing is over the edge? Well, you can fold the right wing onto the left wing and slide it into your envelope. Done and done!
I hope you enjoyed this idea and find some joy crafting during these trying times. Please know that we are all part of this crafting community and in this together. Know that you can always reach out to chat and lift each other up.
Keep Calm & Craft On!
Stay safe and happy crafting!