Ever buy a stamp that you had to have... and then never get around to using it. Well, I purchased the Unity Stamp Co. Mirror Stamp Tool a few years ago and I don't think I ever used it, until today. My inspiration was a color combo by VanillaArts.com.
I pulled out one of my favorite simple florals "Border of Magnolias" to try out the mirror stamping tool. I stamped the first image on the far right. I colored the flowers using the color combo below. Here are the steps to using the mirror stamping tool:
1. While keeping the card in the upper right hand corner of my Misti, I laid the mirror stamping tool over the card area (you won't be able to have the magnet to hold the paper, but I'll put some tips at the end 💡) and closed the Misti. The mirror stamp tool should stick to the Misti door.
2. Lay the magnolia stamp facing up in the place you'd like it to stamp in reverse.
3. Ink the magnolia stamp really well and bring down the Misti door.
4. Open the Misti door and you should see the stamped image on the tool. (Helpful Hint: If the stamped image doesn't fully transfer or smears... you can wipe it off and redo it!)
5. Once the image on the mirror stamp tool looks good, make sure your paper is where you want it and stamp the mirror stamp tool down. You should now see the image in its mirrored form.
I had stamped this lightly, so I used a very thin copic friendly marker and traced the image. Because this looked so much bolder than the originally stamped image, I traced that one as well. I stamped the magnolias a third time further down and to the left. Once these flowers were colored in, I used similar Distress Inks (Dried Magnolia & Victorian Velvet) to shade in the image from the bottom right up. But we need more!
To add a some embellishments without bulk, I used those same Distress Inks and splattered them over the entire piece. But we need some sparkle, right? Here's where an oldie, but goodie comes out. I used Perfect Pearls in Cappuccino with a little water and made this chocolaty sparkling specks over the card.
Last, I added "Have Faith" from the April 2020 Sentiment Kit: "Trust It Will Be Okay" in VersaFine Clair Nocturne. Now that I'm done with stamping, I layered this over a rose gold card stock and adhered this to an ivory card base.
Take the time to explore your stash and mix it with something fun that you may have just purchased! I hope you found this post helpful. If you have any questions about this project, feel free to post them or send me a message.
💡Another helpful hint: Since you can't use a magnet when using the Mirror Stamp Tool, you can use purple tape, micropore tape or use temporary adhesive behind the card to keep it in the same corner.
- Mirror Stamping Tool
- Border of Magnolias
- Trust It Will Be Okay
- Ink on 3: Blackout Hybrid Detail Ink
- Copic Multiliner SP 0.1 Black
- Copic Markers: B32, R85, R83 & R01
- Distress Inks: Dried Marigold & Victorian Velvet
- VersaFine Clair: Nocturne
- Accent Opaque White Card Stock 120lbs
- Rose Gold Cardstock Paper 65lbs
- Ranger Perfect Pearls: Cappucchino
- Purple Tape (temporarily)
- Thermoweb Gina K Adhesive
Thank you for reading along. I hope you found some helpful hints for your next creative journey.